Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Next (restaurant) e-book series by Grant Achatz

Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 edsel

edsel
  • participating member
  • 984 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I tweeted Nick Kokonas back in early July about the other cookbooks and he said that they were "nearly done...just need to encode and go". Anybody with a connection know anything more? I loved cooking from the Paris book and am dying for more.

I was beginning to think that they had abandoned the eBook idea, but now there's a glimmer of hope again. From a piece in Chicagoist about Christian Seel, the guy who does their promo films, and who compiled the original Paris eBook:

Chicagoist: You mentioned the electronic cookbooks earlier; do you think they will be released?

CS: They have been talking about a couple different things that I can’t really share at this time, but yes, I am still photographing and we are still producing content. When and how they are released publicly, I don’t honestly know.

#32 thebadsleepwell

thebadsleepwell
  • participating member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

Looks like the Ebooks are not dead...

http://eater.com/arc...al-cookbook.php

Seems exciting but I wonder if they will sell enough to justify finishing the series...

#33 Anna N

Anna N
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,417 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

Looks like the Ebooks are not dead...

http://eater.com/arc...al-cookbook.php

Seems exciting but I wonder if they will sell enough to justify finishing the series...

It is a very beautiful. The recipes are given in restaurant quantities but since the book gives metric/Imperial measurements it should not be too difficult to make family size dishes.
Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

"It either works fine or not, but what the heck. This is bread, not birth control." Susan of Wild Yeast blog
Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog
My 2004 eG Blog

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cookbook