Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

"The PDT Cocktail Book"

Reference

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#211 Fernet-Bronco

Fernet-Bronco
  • participating member
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

This last week I've been going on a "make what I can from PDT with the stuff I've got" run through the book. We made a Cloister (very nice with the Junipero) and a couple Milk Punches (supremely quaffable after dinner drink, pairs nicely with a bowl of raspberries). Mostly though, this week has resulted in a lot of Improved Whiskey Cocktails and an almost empty Rittenhouse bottle. Not sure if the proportions are original to PDT, but I like it:

2 oz Rittenhouse

.25 oz Luxardo Maraschino

.25 oz simple syrup (scant)

2 dashes Angostura Bitters (I use one dash Ango and one dash Bitter Punk Alpino*)

absinthe rinse (St. George)

*We picked up the Bitter Punk Alpino bitters last time we were in Denver. (They're from Boulder, Colorado, I guess.) It's got pine characteristics, hence the name, but also a fair amount of citrus peel, some grassy herbaceous notes (playing well with the maraschino),  and maybe a bit of cardamom? And it's, for lack of a better word, just more "bitter" than the ango.

Edited by Fernet-Bronco, 19 March 2015 - 06:47 PM.

• ChrisTaylor likes this

#212 pto

pto
  • participating member
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

IMG_7301.jpg

21st Century, Agaveles Blanco tequila, Lemon juice, Creme de Cacao, Ricard rinse.

Not sure I'd make it again, but enjoyable none the less.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reference