Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

eG Foodblog: Alcuin (2011) - In the middle: Eating and Drinking on the

Foodblog

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#151 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Enjoyed your blog very much.

Brought back my visit to Madison - two of us attended the NCA panning course at the university. We arrived late in the day - hungry - no regular restaurants still open - found a student pub. They suggested cheese curd. Well Beth and I both enjoy cheese curd and it seemed like a good idea - much to our surprise they brought out something deep fried! The look on our faces gave us away - when we asked what it was and they said it was the cheese curd - their next comment was "you're not from around here are you?"

#152 prasantrin

prasantrin
  • legacy participant
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I forgot to add. . . Maybe you could be the eG Heartland Gathering planner for 2013! I'd love to do it in Madison, and it's sort of within driving distance for me! (or maybe driving to MSP+a Megabus ride!)

#153 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

I forgot to add. . . Maybe you could be the eG Heartland Gathering planner for 2013! I'd love to do it in Madison, and it's sort of within driving distance for me! (or maybe driving to MSP+a Megabus ride!)

Brilliant idea - Madison would be phenomenal for a Heartland Gathering.

#154 heidih

heidih
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 10,798 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Thank you for a wonderful week!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Foodblog