Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Percolator vs Plunger vs Siphon vs Espresso Machine

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 SylviaLovegren

SylviaLovegren
  • participating member
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

Toronto. Fairly new here and still haven't found great coffee. A few coffee joints here make good espresso, but I like a nice cuppa clear coffee for daytime. So far, all the beans I've tried have given very meh coffee.

A quick search shows that Manic Coffee carries Intellegentsia's beans - gets them delivered freshly roasted a few times a week, according to the web site...that might be a good start.

Wow! Thank you! I'm in the Manic neighborhood (in more ways than one!) a couple of times a week. Had their espresso coffee on the spot but never looked at beans for sale. I'll be there Wednesday morning. :)

Manic was all out of Intelligentsia but they also carry Social and I got some Guatemala. Quite delicious! Thank you -- what a difference to my mornings! Will try some of the other beans and the Intelligencia, as well.

#62 weinoo

weinoo
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:33 AM

Manic was all out of Intelligentsia but they also carry Social and I got some Guatemala. Quite delicious! Thank you -- what a difference to my mornings! Will try some of the other beans and the Intelligencia, as well.

I'm glad you found some beans you like. I especially like the Guatemalan coffees for breakfast.
Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"
mweinstein@eGstaff.org
Tasty Travails - My Blog
My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs
Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?