Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Where to eat in Eastern Washington (e.g. Walla Walla, Yakima)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Chalk

Andrew Chalk
  • participating member
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

I am spending a few days touring the wineries of eastern Washington state and would appreciate eating recommendations. Any cuisine, local preferred. Price irrelevant (dives to fine dining).

Thanks!

#2 Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow
  • participating member
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

Check out the WW food thread and the two or three WW wine threads!

#3 haresfur

haresfur
  • participating member
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:34 AM

I can't recall much of note in Prosser for food, although my favourite Washington winery, Davenlore, is there (need to arrange ahead to visit). There is an ok brewpub in Sunnyside - Snipes Mountain. For food in the Yakima Valley your best bet may be Tri-Cities, not that they are a gastronomic Mecca. Sushi Ya is pretty good, considering the distance from the coast. Lots of chains and not too exciting Mexican. Ice Harbor Brewing has good beer, dive food, and a low-brow ambiance. I wasn't too fond of their other gastro pub location, but maybe it has changed. Atomic Ale has somewhat better food but not as good beer.

I have heard of wildly different experiences at the Tagaris winery restaurant. But if the weather is nice, sitting outside on the patio is worthwhile. If you have had your fill of wine the cocktails are decent. Chez Chas is a long time local standard. I never tried Blue Moon but it is supposed to be good. Anthony's at Columbia Point in Richland is a chain but ok sea food.

Oh yeah, I like the Thai at the King and I. Some things you don't see at other places.

Be sure to check out some of the older, funkier wineries in the Red Mountain area. Then grab a coffee at Indulgences in West Richland.
It's almost never bad to feed someone.

#4 Andrew Chalk

Andrew Chalk
  • participating member
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

Thanks for the responses. I have posted a report under "Walla Walla. Merged Topics".