Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Sticky Rice, DC, Tater Tot Secret Sauce?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eman57

Eman57
  • participating member
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

So ive been hearing good things about a restaurant called Sticky Rice in Washington DC. I have heard amazing things about their Tater Tot Secret Sauce, I was wondering if anyone out the knew what its ingredients might be.

Edited by Eman57, 03 August 2011 - 06:26 AM.

#2 Jenni

Jenni
  • participating member
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

Try looking at this page - some helpful comments on it too. Looks like ranch dressing, sriracha and mayonnaise are the main ingredients most people are trying in combination.

Edited by Jenni, 03 August 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#3 Zeemanb

Zeemanb
  • participating member
  • 758 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

My wife and I spent a lot of time eating at Sticky Rice in Richmond, and I believe the sauce is just a mixture of mayo and Sriracha. I've combined the two at home and it's very close to what we ate there.

And I'm sure you've already heard, but the Sticky Balls are a must-try. They are pretty crazy...deep fried inari pockets with tuna, crab and sriracha rice, topped with wasabi sauce, eel sauce and tobiko. Late night craving all-star dish.