Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Dessert for gluten, free vegan meal

Dessert Vegetarian

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Panaderia Canadiense

Panaderia Canadiense
  • participating member
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

My friend Maria, from whom I purchase honey, has bees, and her hives serve the citrus and plum plantations in the valley 25 minutes downslope of me. Which means that the honey I use is usually a blend of citrus and (in season) plum nectars.

Occasionally, my friend Dolores brings me honey; this is eucalyptus and acacia from the forests upslope of me. I prefer the citrus honey for baking, and the eucalyptus for sweetening drinks. When I am very lucky, my friend Alvaro brings me wild honey from the jungles, which is from combined tropical flowers. This is special reserve stock for sucking straight out of the combs.
Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.
My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

#32 flourgirl

flourgirl
  • participating member
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thank you Panaderia Canadiense! You are very fortunate to have such good friends and to live in such a beautiful country. I'll try to find citrus honey in my area. We can go to local places and see what it available. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dessert, Vegetarian