Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Recommendations in Abu Dhabi or Dubai?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 The Food Buster

The Food Buster
  • participating member
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm probably going to be working in Abu Dhabi over the summer, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for top-notch dining, either there or in neighboring Dubai. I'd like to keep it somewhat affordable (I've heard of meals running $300-$400/person - that's just not happening), but I'm definitely open to experimenting with some of the big names.

Also, any suggestions on bakeries / chocolates would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help!
Edmund Mokhtarian
Food and Wine Blogger
http://www.thefoodbuster.com

#2 threestars

threestars
  • participating member
  • 314 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Too bad seems like there are only few here who are familiar with the best food location there in Dubai. How did it go? Care to share any of your experiences there? I would love to hear some. Planning to go there probably next year. :)

#3 nikkib

nikkib
  • participating member
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:45 AM

Zuma and La petite maison in dubai are both worth a visit, also Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire. Dubai Festival City has many great options. Also worth going to Bab al shams out in the desert for an Arabic feast (if you can afford to stay the night i'd highly recommend it) I cant remember which night we went but it is such an amazing experience. Al Nafoorah is a good lebanese restaurant too but not too pricy - Happy Eating!!
"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man