Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Penzey's Spices opening in Seattle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cxt

cxt
  • participating member
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

Address will be 117 Pine Street, near the Pike Place Market. http://www.penzeys.com/
I'm not sure if they are open now, or opening soon. I'm not in Seattle right now. Anyone seen the location?

#2 Shalmanese

Shalmanese
  • participating member
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

There's going to be 3 spice stores within a quarter mile of each other now. Marketspice, World Spice & now Penzeys.
PS: I am a guy.

#3 T Raveret

T Raveret
  • participating member
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

I live in milwaukee and am just passing through but saw this.. Never been a fan of Penzys. Penzys started in Milwaukee and the parents let the kids take the business in two different directions. Bill Penzy started Penzy's and packages and warehouses spices and has stores all around the company...still better than mccormicks but not the way the parents did things nor anywhere as fresh as they could be.

Patty has stores in Milwaukee and Chicago but goes by the name the Spice House (also thespicehouse.com) the difference here is freshness. Patty dosent do much packing except at the store level of things that fly off the shelf. So when you order you order is usually fresh packed from bulk and much much fresher.

Penzys is great when you in a pinch or a rush but the better choice is always mail order from the spice house imho.

Don't take my word for it order some and buy some and do your own comparison.

#4 flourgirl

flourgirl
  • participating member
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Woo-Hoo! So glad to hear this! I order from them on a monthly basis. Aside from it taking a week to get their orders, the shipping charges add $7 to the bill.