Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

DeLonghi GM6000 Gelato Maker

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maxmillan

maxmillan
  • participating member
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

Where in the Lower Mainland can I find one of these wonderful machines? I missed out buying it at a great deal from William Sonoma for under $200.

I don't care for the "bowl in the freezer" type as I don't have much freezer space and I've been there and done that and I was not impressed with the results. The Cuisinart self-refrigeration unit which I was eyeing awhile back did not have an overwhelming review so nix that.

#2 djyee100

djyee100
  • society donor
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

Try Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co...80009284&sr=8-1

BTW, the container holds more than the 1.5 pints as sometimes listed online. The container holds 1 quart, with about 1/2" head room remaining. A couple people on Amazon have noticed this error in the specs also.

#3 maxmillan

maxmillan
  • participating member
  • 636 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for the Amazon link but I much prefer to buy this in person in a store.

#4 djyee100

djyee100
  • society donor
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Sur La Table is selling the machine for $299. Macy's may have it for the same price. Williams Sonoma is out of stock and will remain so after their fire sale last wk. I haven't seen the machine at a cheaper price elsewhere. Perhaps another EGulleter can help you.

Edited by djyee100, 25 July 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#5 Alex

Alex
  • participating member
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Big bump: It's for sale on moofi today (and beyond?) for US$199.99 + 5.00 shipping (new unit, 1-year warranty).

Gene Weingarten, writing in The Washington Post about online news stories and their readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A vasectomy might cost as much as a year’s worth of ice cream, but that doesn’t mean it’s equally enjoyable." -Ezra Dyer, NY Times