Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Looking for Ethnic and "gourmet" markets in Shreveport

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikelbarnz

mikelbarnz
  • participating member
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

I just relocated to Nachtiches, LA, and was wondering what the ethnic and gourmet market situation was in Shreveport. We'll probably be going "into town" every couple of weeks to see friends, and it would be nice to be able to stock up on some specialty items. Thanks.

#2 SaltySnack

SaltySnack
  • participating member
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:35 AM

I am not too up on ethnic markets, but I'll try. On Youree Drive near Kings Highway there's an Vietnamese restaurant and I think they have an Asian Market attached. There might also be an Asian market on Kings Highway going towards the river.

Gourmet markets, Maxwell's at Pierremont and Line, don't know what they have.

Cuban liquor also nearby has a selection of cheeses.

Cush's market and Grocery, south of town on Ellerbe road, has a great cafe and takeout market plus some specialty groceries.

Drug Emporium on East Kings Highway has a great selection of natural foods and gluten free foods and some specialty items.

Also, you might want to check Wal-Mart especially if there's a Super Wal-mart, Wal-Mart attracts a large hispanic crowd and a lot of times, it has specialty mexican items like crema fresca and chillies.