Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Is the ITHQ worth the wait?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 David G

David G
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:33 AM

Hello all!

I'm planning on going into a cooking school next school year (2010-2011), and the earliest semester I'd be able to apply for, at the ITHQ, would be the winter semester in 2011. I have the opportunity to apply to PearsonSkills in professional cooking for the Fall semester of 2010 because their application date is later, and I was wondering this:

Would it be better for me, as a person who wants to become a professional chef, to go to the Pearson school, and get my Diploma of Vocational Studies there, since it's only a year long course (1350hrs @ 8hrs/day), as opposed to the year and a half course given by the ITHQ, allowing me to move on quicker, OR is it better for me to wait and go with the ITHQ?

If I did the Pearson School, I would get my diploma in late spring of 2011.
If I went to the ITHQ, I would get the diploma in late spring of 2012.

Is the ITHQ a good enough school for me to wait an extra semester, and get my diploma a year later?

Please feel free to ask any questions!
Thanks