Scheduled Downtime

NOTICE: The eG Forums will be offline for several hours on Friday, November 28 for system maintenance.

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Pairings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Liza

Liza
  • legacy participant
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 03:26 PM

We've really enjoyed leaving the wine pairing in the hands of the chef or sommeliers. Especially when we are trying food we aren't completely familiar with - I would love to hear what Chef Matsuhisa pairs with his spicy crab, for instance.
With that in mind, have you ever considered a wine pairing menu for Heartbeat? It might be interesting to do so, even to consider pairing local wines with local products.

#2 Michel Nischan

Michel Nischan
  • legacy participant
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 12:17 PM

We have done wine and food pairings at Heartbeat, though I must confess we haven't followed up as we should. We need to get better at letting our guests know what we're up to. I will be saving this comment and acting upon it. Thank you. :smile: