Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Atkins

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Liza

Liza
  • legacy participant
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 01:02 PM

I'm wondering about the impact of the Atkins diet at a restaurant like Heartbeat, where the menu is already considered healthy. Do you find people making more no-starch requests? (I'll go on record that as someone who prefers moderation rather than elimination.)

#2 Michel Nischan

Michel Nischan
  • legacy participant
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 11:50 AM

Moderation is king. We have seen them all - Atkinians, Pritikonians, Zoners, etc. We honor their requests immediately, but do not design dishes to fit into any of these diet categories. Many of these diets may result in quick weight loss, but could easily spell trouble over the long term. I think we get a more vocal variety of diet-following customers because of who we are. We gladly accommodate them, as well as gladly comment on their diet if they are unwitting enough to ask. :laugh: