I purchased a variety of items to take with me. Here are my impressions:
- Hazelnut Shortbread Cookies: good, buttery, not overly sweet, fresh nuts
- Sparkle Cookies: very good and chocolaty; softer than expected but good; rich
- Dark Bark Bites: dark chocolate with dried fruits and nuts (haven’t tried yet)*
- Green Cardamom w/ Whiskey and Almonds: Wow; Superb! Cardamom not overly strong
- Merlot: Did not like this one – perhaps just not to my taste or perhaps a shelf-life problem
- Cassis: Not my favorite but was ok
- Caramel Pecan w/ Fleur de sel: Wow; Superb! The rich dark chocolate ganache pairs so well with the pecan – my favorite one so far.
- Marc de Champagne: Very very good ; delicious ; the very soft milk chocolate ganache works well with the brandy
- Cognac: (not tried yet)*
- Exotic: (not tried yet)*
- Caramel w/ Fleur de sel: (not tried yet)*
- Palet au Café: (not tried yet)*
So often in this business, it seems more like a case of ‘The Emperor Has No Clothes.’ In other words, the marketing is really good, the packaging exceptionally pretty, whatever, but the product just isn’t much to speak of. In the case of Thomas Haas, the accolades are justified. His products would be right at home on Boulevard St. Germain in Paris.
Thomas Haas (WEB)
Unit 128, 998 Harbourside Drive, North Vancouver, BC, V7P 3T2 (MAP)
Phone: 604-924-1847 Fax: 604-904-7479
Tuesday - Saturday: 8am-5:30pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
DISCLAIMER: I do not know Thomas Haas and do not have any personal or professional connection to him.