Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Bremen, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mette

Mette
  • participating member
  • 299 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

I am spending a couple of days in Bremen, north Germany, for work next week, and wonder if any restaurants at all come recommended? I realise it is probably not the center of any culinary universe, but the hotel looks drab, so i'm hoping to make it up on the food, if possible :huh:

Thanks

Edited by Mette, 10 March 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#2 ameiden

ameiden
  • participating member
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

My favourite place is Grashoff's Bistro, Contrescarpe 80, within the famous Delikatessen store.

Excellent food, good atmosphere, great wine list and the opportunity to shop for goodies after your meal. The only downside - the Bistro is only open during store hours which means no dinner. Enjoy!

#3 Mjx

Mjx

Senior Host

• host
  • 6,069 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Any other places worth visiting in Bremen? My boyfriend's parents are headed there for a couple of days at the beginning of next week, and they're interested in simple, cosy, local places, 'nothing fancy'. Good takeaway is definitely of interest, too.

Thanks!

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Senior Host, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org