We’re pleased and excited to announce a new eG Feature: the Klatsch. The eGullet Society and eG Forums thrive because we converse, chat and connect about food and drink, cooking and eating. We want a conversation with our writers, and the Society as one: engaging the writer and engaging in the topic with other members.
We're seeking members with something new or exciting to discuss in their culinary lives:
- Something as huge as starting a new restaurant, or as "simple" as cooking a big meal for a few friends.
- A culinary student or professional cook doing a stage.
- Remodeling a kitchen or a wet bar.
- Going on the attack against an invasion of pantry moths.
- A culinary tour to a new destination.
- Designing the winter menu for a restaurant or bar.
A Klatsch is not required to last a full week: three days of detailed and interesting discussion is certainly welcome, as is, say, ten.
To volunteer, start by re-reading the explanation and guidelines above. Then, shoot an email to klatsch@eGstaff.org, and a member of the Klatsch team will be in touch to discuss your proposal.
Please feel free to ask any questions here.