Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Where do you like to eat Heston ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cappers

cappers
  • legacy participant
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 02:54 AM

Do you have any favourite palces around Bucks/Berks and / or London or anywhere in the UK ? Be it a pub, curry or 3 mich stars. Id love to know where you and your family enjoy eating.

#2 Heston Blumenthal

Heston Blumenthal
  • participating member
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 09:51 AM

Hello Omar,

How are you?

Well, because of my work and the fact that I have three children, we really don't go out that often.
I think that my favourite restaurant would have to be Maliks tandoori in Cookham high street. It is a great Indian restaurant and almost once a week, Malik knocks up a fantastic selection of dishes for me.

A couple of months ago, my friend Harold McGee was over for the filming on one of the episodes of the television series that was on Discovery.

We went out to Maliks together and they cooked something not off the menu for us, It was the best Indian cooking that Harold and I had eaten.
Heston Blumenthal
The Fat Duck
The Fat Duck website