Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Zuma - Dubai

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gilb3rt

Gilb3rt
  • participating member
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

Anyone been to Zuma Restaurant in Dubai?

I like to hear some comments on food and service..

Been thinking about going there soon.
Best regards,

Gilbert
Food blog - www.floss.dk

#2 pieman27

pieman27
  • participating member
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:07 AM

Had a great meal there during the soft opening, of course the 50% off helped, food was good but the service was a little nervous. I'm sure it's up to scratch by now. I would like to go back see what it's like now they are in full flow with DJ etc

Cheers P

#3 Flotch

Flotch
  • participating member
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:57 AM

The interiors are amazing. The food was good but nothing outstanding. One of their signature dishes is the soft shell crab roll.

#4 Flotch

Flotch
  • participating member
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:59 AM

The interiors are amazing. The food was good but nothing outstanding. One of their signature dishes is the soft shell crab roll. I found it quite expensive.It feels like you are paying more for the ambience and location.

#5 Joel Hicks

Joel Hicks
  • participating member
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

I actually think that Zuma is the best restaurant in the Emirates. Its expensive, but os is everything else in Dubai. I left Zuma after spending a large whack of cash feeling satisfied, and not ripped off like i usually do after leaving an Emirates based fine diner.

my tips for dishes are
- tempura asparagus
- king fish and truffle sashimi
- wagyu steak
- cold bottle of saki......

the only other restaurant of this calibre in dubai that i can recommend is Amwaj, in the shangrilah dubai. i havent been there in a while but the food is always good, but the best part is the service is excellent.

Joel