Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Recent downtime

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:36 PM

For the past week or so we've experienced an unusual amount of downtime, and last night we had a complete failure of the primary hard drive on our server. This morning the eGullet.org website and database were migrated to a new server, a process that took several hours on account of the size of our database. We are back up and running now, but there may be some residual issues. We are working on them. (It's also possible that some overnight posts were lost in the shuffle, but if so it's a very small number.)

With relish,

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

#2 Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

Executive Director

• manager
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:27 AM

One casualty of the server switch has been RecipeGullet. We're working to resolve the situation as soon as possible, but it might be several days before we figure it out.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.

#3 Fat Guy

Fat Guy
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 29,303 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:34 PM

RecipeGullet is back up and running, as seem to be all our web services. Please PM or email me, Dave the Cook or chrisamirault if you notice anything else amiss. Many thanks.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)