Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Organizing That Messed-Up Liquor Cabinet

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 pto

pto
  • participating member
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:39 PM

I show these pictures to my fiancée to help convince her my cabinet is not too crazy. It helps!

+1

I did the exact same thing yesterday. I showed my gf tanstaafl2's pics and the guy with that treasure chest and said "See, i have almost nothing, you should be very happy" :biggrin:

#92 scubadoo97

scubadoo97
  • participating member
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

So who's picture did tanstaafl show?

#93 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

The whiskey collection at Canon in Seattle maybe (more than 4000 bottles)?
I have a feeling that tanstaafl2's collection beats any bar or store though :-)

#94 Craig E

Craig E
  • participating member
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:03 PM

+1

I did the exact same thing yesterday. I showed my gf tanstaafl2's pics and the guy with that treasure chest and said "See, i have almost nothing, you should be very happy" :biggrin:

And I make three!

#95 KD1191

KD1191
  • participating member
  • 988 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:19 PM

Tried it, but my wife said it didn't make her feel any better about my cache. I posit the difference in volume has to be at least 100% to achieve the desired effect...
True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour

#96 scubadoo97

scubadoo97
  • participating member
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

I have a friend in Kentucky who's bunker dwarfs anything I've ever seen. Thousands of bottles. I can't post his picture but it did the trick when showing it to my wife.

#97 GarethLangston

GarethLangston
  • participating member
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

My girlfriend is incredibly supportive of my "hobby", and while I'm on a year long freeze on further purchases, she's offered to replenish those bottles she's most adept at emptying. ( Maraschino & chartreuse, FYI)

I expect she sees the level of storage required as a fair trade off for getting to enjoy the drinks.
  • Hassouni and Fernet-Bronco like this

#98 tanstaafl2

tanstaafl2
  • participating member
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

I show these pictures to my fiancée to help convince her my cabinet is not too crazy. It helps!

Happy to help. It is important that we all do what we can to support each other from those not blessed with our particular little obsession!

• Fernet-Bronco likes this
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

#99 tanstaafl2

tanstaafl2
  • participating member
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

So who's picture did tanstaafl show?

The whiskey collection at Canon in Seattle maybe (more than 4000 bottles)?
I have a feeling that tanstaafl2's collection beats any bar or store though :-)

There are plenty of private collections that dwarf my little "store".  No matter how many you have somebody always has more!

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man. ~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2