Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

I Melt With You

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Calliope

• participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

I applaud your sense of what's right! I have always thought the Patty Melt was the highest creation that could come from hamburger and a grill. For me it has the right amount of the right tastes to perfectly compliment a hamburger patty, and has always been one of my favorites.

And I completely embrace your history of it's creation. Although we did have Tiny Naylor's restaurants where I grew up. hmmm....

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

#32 JAZ

• manager
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

Just thought it was worth mentioning that for a recent cocktail party class I taught, I introduced the concept of the appetizer patty melt, made on cocktail rye bread -- cut in half, it made the perfect two-bite snack.

#33 RAHiggins1

• participating member
  • 515 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I read this Article this morning and made Patty Melts for dinner after a quick trip to the store for some Rye Bread.

Please don't ever write about me sending you all my money.
Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

#34 Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

Executive Director

• manager
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Check here for an exciting announcement regarding "I Melt With You."

Dave Scantland
Executive director
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.