Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

I Melt With You

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Calliope

Calliope
  • participating member
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

I applaud your sense of what's right! I have always thought the Patty Melt was the highest creation that could come from hamburger and a grill. For me it has the right amount of the right tastes to perfectly compliment a hamburger patty, and has always been one of my favorites.

And I completely embrace your history of it's creation. Although we did have Tiny Naylor's restaurants where I grew up. hmmm....

Robyn
One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti

#32 JAZ

JAZ
  • manager
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

Just thought it was worth mentioning that for a recent cocktail party class I taught, I introduced the concept of the appetizer patty melt, made on cocktail rye bread -- cut in half, it made the perfect two-bite snack.

#33 RAHiggins1

RAHiggins1
  • participating member
  • 514 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

I read this Article this morning and made Patty Melts for dinner after a quick trip to the store for some Rye Bread.

Please don't ever write about me sending you all my money.
Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

#34 Dave the Cook

Dave the Cook

Executive Director

• manager
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

Check here for an exciting announcement regarding "I Melt With You."

Dave Scantland
Executive director
dscantland@eGstaff.org
eG Ethics signatory

Eat more chicken skin.