Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

New Years Eve Restaurants in Maui w/o Prix Fixe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LoveToEatATL

LoveToEatATL
  • participating member
  • 169 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Hi All,

Trying to find an upscale restaurant without the fixed price in Maui for my boss for New Years Eve.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Patti
Patti Davis
www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com

#2 oneidaone

oneidaone
  • participating member
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

How nice of you! What part of the island is your boss staying in - that would help
to narrow things down geographically unless they like to drive from one resort area to another. For example, Wailea is not close to Kaanapali or Kapalua, I can't imagine driving around on that night myself. A hui hou!
"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"
Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

#3 LoveToEatATL

LoveToEatATL
  • participating member
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

How nice of you! What part of the island is your boss staying in - that would help
to narrow things down geographically unless they like to drive from one resort area to another. For example, Wailea is not close to Kaanapali or Kapalua, I can't imagine driving around on that night myself. A hui hou!

View Post

Good point - I have never been to Maui so I have no concept of how big the Island is.

She is staying at the Four Seasons Maui. And loves Sensei.

thanks!

Patti
Patti Davis
www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com

#4 oneidaone

oneidaone
  • participating member
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

Then have the FS concierge do a little leg work - have them call around to various restaurants and ask what the plans are for NYE. Come back and write the list of what they find out and then others can give their opinions about the various places to help you with your quest. A hui hou!
"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"
Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

#5 KKLL00b

KKLL00b
  • participating member
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Try Pacific O, I'o, or Mama's Fish House.