Last night's dinner was exquisite! I haven't posted a review of Ko in a while, so it's about time for an update. Creative and delicious--always a winning combination. Service was top notch. Chefs were very friendly to all of the guests. Most of the dishes have been changed since my last visit. Here's what was on last night's menu:
1) amuses: oyster with apple seaweed vinegar; chicharron with togarashi salt; chicken soup with dumpling.
2) scallops with spicy whipped buttermilk and poppyseeds.
3) Beef carpaccio with arugula, black puffed rice, strawberries, feta cheese and olive powder.
4) smoked red pepper soup with langoustine, orange gels, toastedbrioche.
5) smoked egg with hackleback caviar, onion soubise and fingerling potato chips. Side car of potato bread muffin. Brilliant dish made even better!
6) walnut agnolotti with fried sweetbreads, lobster mushroom, picked cherries, basil. I don't even like sweetbreads, and this was delicious!
7) halibut with corn tempura and corn puree.
8) shaved frozen foie gras with lychee, Riesling gelee and pinenut brittle.
9) deep fried short rib with peaches and onions. This was even a better version that in the past.
10) buttermilk ice cream with carrot cake and rye crumble.
11) honey sorbet with lemon thyme foam, bee pollen and milk crumble.
Special thanks and farewell to Richard and Jonathan; best wishes to you both!
Definitely need to return to Ko more often! After four years, Ko is still at the top of its game!
P.S. Every meal I've had at Ko has always been superb, but last night was especially superb! BTW, for the person who has posted that all of my reviews of Ko sound like "revelations", you're absolutely right. I am always amazed at how fantastic the food is at Ko, and I shake my head in amazement and sadness for those who don't/can't/won't appreciate it.
Edited by ellenost, 10 August 2012 - 07:20 AM.