Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

The Daiquiri

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#211 Rafa

Rafa
  • participating member
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

I just meant that what most people call a Hemingway Daq these days (Maraschino, grapefruit , Daq trinity) is really a Papa Doble/No. 3. Hassouni's right that the Papa Doble and the HemiDaq are historically distinct.

DrunkLab.tumblr.com

”In Demerara some of the rum producers have a unique custom of placing chunks of raw meat in the casks to assist in aging, to absorb certain impurities, and to add a certain distinctive character.” -Peter Valaer, "Foreign and Domestic Rum," 1937

#212 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

I am still confused.  When Hemingway walked into El Floridita and was handed a glass, what would be in it and in what proportion?

In my glass at the moment is Mississippi punch.

#213 Hassouni

Hassouni
  • participating member
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Can we try to keep things straight for 2 weeks or at least one thread page?

I have the authority of the Bum. And I know for a fact Rafa is consulting the same recipes for his Power Daiquiris  :laugh:

• Rafa likes this

#214 FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse
  • society donor
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

A recent Daiquiri No. 2 with Plantation 3 Stars, lime juice, orange juice, simple syrup, Clement Creole shrubb.

14911273213_23ca2f172d_z.jpg