* pasha/pashka (a must-have. We'll probably have two different ones, as both myself and my bf are keen to show off their own version )
* kulitcha (have never made it before, but keen to try. Has anyone got the best recipe? Ludja? Alinka?)
* small curd cheese and orange buns
* the Greek Easter bread tsoureki, as I've made it for two years already and I really love it (it uses mastic and mechlepe, which make it really special)
* soft-boiled quail's eggs with whitefish roe
* lots of eggs: some dyed with onion skins, some with beetroot juice. These will mostly end up either in a egg salad or stuffed eggs in the days after the festivities..
(luckily, there won't be (m)any chocolate eggs, however, as these are not popular here - I still haven't spotted any prominent displays of chocolate eggs in the supermarkets yet, for instance)
* something fishy - possibly kedgeree, as I miss British food a little
We're still discussing some other dishes to make, but basically the whole meal is focused on eggs and curd cheese and sweet pastries.
Edited by Pille, 03 April 2007 - 06:40 AM.