Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Making mayonnaise

Condiments

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#91 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

I regularly make this mayo as it is safer for kids lunchboxes than egg mayo. It is made with a stick blender.

. . . .

Just curious; are pasteurized eggs (yolks, whites, whole) just a Danish thing?

I've never thought to actively look for these when I've been in shops in various countries, but in Denmark, pretty much any time raw eggs are required, most people reach for pasteurized, which are found in every supermarket.

I can easily find pasteurized eggs in northern Minnesota, so I'm guessing they're pretty common elsewhere in the USA. I generally use them for making sauces such as mayonnaise, as well as ice cream.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Condiments