• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teaneck area

BeerGut

I need recommendations for a Teaneck-area restaurant that I can take my wife, which isn't as busy and loud as a bus station.

The wife and I like Bacari Grill (Washington Twp), Pimaan (Emerson), Spring Grill (Rutherford), Park & Orchard (E. Rutherford); we used to go to Chez Madeline (Bergenfield) back in the day.

Restaurants with a special, dare I call it NYC-ish, atmosphere are preferred. We don't go out much so being treated well is (always) appreciated.

I'm expecting suggestions for restaurants in Montclair (please tell me!), but is there someplace around here that I might have missed?

I need recommendations for a Teaneck-area restaurant that I can take my wife, which isn't as busy and loud as a bus station.

The wife and I like Bacari Grill (Washington Twp), Pimaan (Emerson), Spring Grill (Rutherford), Park & Orchard (E. Rutherford); we used to go to Chez Madeline (Bergenfield) back in the day.

Restaurants with a special, dare I call it NYC-ish, atmosphere are preferred. We don't go out much so being treated well is (always) appreciated.

I'm expecting suggestions for restaurants in Montclair (please tell me!), but is there someplace around here that I might have missed?

In Montclair try:

Corso 98

Fascino's

In Ramsey..Cafe Panache

Fat Kat - Little Ferry

Silver Oak - Ridgewood

Malibu Joel's - Ridgewood

Chef Table - Franklin Lakes (no so local yet no too far)

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

Looks like you like Asian, have you been to Saigon R in Englewood? This is a special place. Pan-Asian. Small and cozy, res are a must. Food is really fabulous, the chef here really cares. Our faves include the Pho, the Mussel Appetizer, and the Basa Fish and Pork Chop main dishes. But everything on the menu is great. A unique place, if you haven't been, go.

Saigon R

58 W Palisade Ave

Englewood

201-871-4777

• 1 month later...

A belated thank-you for the suggestions. Since my initial post we've been to Saigon R (excellent), Malibu Joel's (will definitely visit again) and Cafe Panache (have to save to go again but worth it).

Thanks again!

BTW - 400+ views of this post?!?

I think Teaneck could use a good restaurant. Anyone looking for a new location?

Edited by BeerGut (log)

It was my admiration for Cafe Panache that led me to Kat Kat -- Tony Goodman left Cafe to open up Fat Kat -- you won't be disappointed and it's affordable.

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

We went to the Teaneck Kabob House the other night. I was very disappointed. We had gone months ago, and it was okay. Thought we would try it again. The food was alright, the portions were tiny...and we ordered mostly vegetarian. The chicken kabob tasted funny...could not put my finger on it..but not freshly prepared in my opinion. We ordered the eggplant dish, and the squash dish. Both were okay, but the portions were so small we each got a tablespoon or so. The bread was good, salad okay, the special rice was good and what we filled up on. We were three people, three entrees, and a spoonful of each was all we could share...and not inexpensive for middle eastern food either. All in all, the food was just alright, nothing great, and not a place I will ever return to.