• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Suvir's Book

Schielke

Seems someone beat me to the punch here. :raz: I, personally, cannot WAIT to get my hands on this particular book when it hits the press. I am not familiar with what happens after it reaches the publisher....does that mean it will be available at the book retailers in October? :huh:

Jodi :smile:

Seems someone beat me to the punch here. :raz:  I, personally, cannot WAIT to get my hands on this particular book when it hits the press.  I am not familiar with what happens after it reaches the publisher....does that mean it will be available at the book retailers in October?  :huh:

Jodi :smile:

From m/s to publication can be anything up to a year. Cookbooks of all things are seasonal so I suspect that CP will have this down for their Fall 03 schedule.

No slur on Suvir, but there will be rewrites also recipe testing, photography, design, repro, proofing. And they print all their books in Italy I believe so add a months shipping

I can't wait either. I will just have to let the neaqrly 200 recipes that Suvir has posted on this thread suffice.

S

• 1 month later...

Just submitted the complete manuscript to my editor for editing.

It took a year, but as I read and re-read the book last night and most of this early morning, I am pleased with the effort.

As it goes into editing, I am crossing my fingers that we handed over a clean manuscript with little to be edited.

I thank all of you at eGullet for having made this year special in that even as I worked on deadlines, I was always upbeat because of all the excitement at eGullet.

Thanks also for all the encouragement.

Congratulations - it must be a relief to have finished, but also a bit sad to have your "child" in someone else's care for a while.  I have every confidence that it will turn out to be something excellent.

It has not sunk in yet that the child is in anothers care.

Thanks for your post.

Suvir, you could do one on sandwiches called

Saran's Wraps.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Suvir, you could do one on sandwiches called

Saran's Wraps.

And I already have my music group called

Saran Rap

I had thought of that one too. Perhaps as the "books on tape" version of the cookbook.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Suvir, could you please provide a breakdown of the contents? How is it organized?

Suvir, could you please provide a breakdown of the contents? How is it organized?

For you, I will have to go against trying to keep things a surprise... and share a little of the structure...

Soups

Dals

Vegetables

Rice

Meats

Poultry

Fish

Nashta (for those that have not been paying attention, too bad, it has been explained before... and I am not going to try doing it again. :angry: Pay attention! or be very afraid)

Raitas

Breads

Condiments

Desserts

Nashta (for those that have not been paying attention, too bad, it has been explained before... and I am not going to try doing it again. :angry:  Pay attention! or be very afraid)

It is a word used for snacktime..... dishes that people eat in between meal times... It’s something like the Jewish “nosh”, which, interestingly enough, it sounds like.