• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wineries near Guernville?

dvs

i will be staying in Guernville this weekend with a group (8 total) and would love to visit a special winery or 3 on sunday. we're all in the wine / restaurant industry, so we know how to behave & buy vino ;)

Rochiolli is just up the road and has nice Russian River Pinot Noirs. They used to have some nice Sauvignon Blancs also, but I'm not sure if they've switched to Chardonnay.

Hop Kiln is right next door and is a very pretty old building; wines are pleasant.

I also like Quivira which is just a little north of there; nice Sauvignon Blancs and Zinfandels.

"Under the dusty almond trees, ... stalls were set up which sold banana liquor, rolls, blood puddings, chopped fried meat, meat pies, sausage, yucca breads, crullers, buns, corn breads, puff pastes, longanizas, tripes, coconut nougats, rum toddies, along with all sorts of trifles, gewgaws, trinkets, and knickknacks, and cockfights and lottery tickets."

-- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, 1962 "Big Mama's Funeral"

rochioli; sign up for the svds

the 04 svds are wonderful expressions of rrv pinot and built to last. i was lucky to have someone share their allocation with me at cost. estimated wait is 6 years.

williams selyem also but you must be on the list. i can't call for you or i would. maybe somone in your group is on the list?

woodenhead in forestville maybe if it's not too far? burt williams influenced vintner.