• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mist Grill

DrewS

We are looking for someplace in the Waterbury/Stowe area to have a dinner for 13 people. The Mist Grill looks like it might be a good choice. Searching egullet turned up some recommendations, but no real details about the place. Can anyone give a more detailed report?

- How's the food and service?

- Is it a good place for vegetarians? Almost half of our party don't eat meat, fish, etc. so this is probably the most important consideration.

- What's the noise level? Will we be able to hear each other from across the table?

- What is the space like?

This dinner will be the first time my fiancee and me will be getting our families together so we are, of course, overly worried about getting everything just right.

Thanks!

I would suggest you find the best newspaper for the area and see who does the restaurant revue articles/critiques. There may be some clues online as to who that person is. I had a nice in-depth response from a critic for a paper in the Killington area and he gave me some really good advice.

And yes, it will not be perfect. Don't worry about it!

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

• 1 month later...

Ate at Michael's on the Hill in winter of 2004. Was outstanding and very nice atmosphere. Not bad for a romantic evening. Not cheap, so I doubt you will see any kids running around.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

The Mist Grill has excellent, creatively prepared food. They participate in the Vermont Fresh Network which means they commit to sourcing quality local ingredients. I see from their menu that they they have more vegetarian options than ever. The dining room is a fairly dramatic space being the former mill room and adjacent to a waterfall. Some pieces of the dining room furniture are made from the wooden components of the mill itself. I think it likely you and your families will enjoy your meal there.

Edited by rcianci (log)