• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kevin's Two Boots

glossyp

I tried calling their number and it is disconnected. I haven't been there for a few months so if anyone in that area knows or has heard please let me know.

"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." TMJ Jr. R.I.P.

Just about 1/2 hour ago on my way home from Pilates I drove into the parking lot on Kainehe

where Kevin's WAS and there is no indication that it is there anymore ;-(

I too got a disconnected message when I tried calling. a hui ho :sad:

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

Just about 1/2 hour ago on my way home from Pilates I drove into the parking lot on Kainehe

where Kevin's WAS and there is no indication that it is there anymore ;-(

I too got a disconnected message when I tried calling. a hui ho :sad:

Thanks for taking the time to check...I truly appreciate it!

anything for a friend! It's across from where we got our hair done for quite some time and I

noticed that I'd not seen their sign out on the sidewalk when I'd drive by. You all piqued my

curiosity!! a hui ho........

"You can't miss with a ham 'n' egger......"

Ervin D. Williams 9/1/1921 - 6/8/2004

Don't live Kailua side, and have never had a chance to get there - I guess I never will.

But looked around for info on the place and found a couple of reviews, which I guess will now have to serve as obituaries:

Strut on over to Two Boots, by Nadine Kam, Star-Bulletin

Cajun Cuisine in Kailua, by Sarah Mossman, Spirit of Aloha (Airlines)

And here's the menu.

Sun-Ki Chai
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~sunki/

Former Hawaii Forum Host

• 8 months later...

A very pleasant surprise at Taste of Honolulu was the booth from Kevin's Two Boots. Kevin Tate is back in town and has a lease on a commercial kitchen. For the time being it's catering only and doing events like TOH - those of you hungry for some gator can catch him at the big Schofield Fourth of July events on the third and fourth. If you're looking for catering, you can reach him at 383-4550.

Good to know that they all don't just fade away!