• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Black Choco Cookie (like Oreo) recipe from scratch

CreamFudge

Can anyone share a Black Chocolate Cookie recipe that's made from scratch. :unsure: I have seen clone recipes for the Oreo cookie but they use cake mixes ... I prefer to do mine at home from scratch. I came across a Black Choco Cookie recipe in Gourmet or Bon Appetit but unfortunately I lost my copy of that magazine's particular issue.

I hope someone can share a recipe as homemade cookie baking is now my interest.

Thanks a lot!! :rolleyes:

A friend who has been starting a baking business makes a version. Obviously, I don't have his recipes, but I do remember that for the filling he used an uncooked vanilla buttercream (confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla paste). It was delicious, but not that dead-white of Oreo filling, more of a light tan. If you try it, use a colorless vanilla (if such a thing exists?).

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like someone already posted a recipe for you from Epicurious.com, but FYI, they have just about every recipe from Gourmet and Bon Appetit archived on their website. If you ever lose the magazine again, you know where to go!

The sea was angry that day my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

George Costanza

I use a chocolate dough recipe that works great for these. You can even underbake them for a fudgy cookie. I'll get the recipe for u soon

"Chocolate has no calories....

Chocolate is food for the soul, The soul has no weight, therefore no calories" so said a customer, a lovely southern woman, after consuming chocolate indulgence

SWEET KARMA DESSERTS

www.sweetkarmadesserts.com

550 East Meadow Ave. East meadow, NY 11554

516-794-4478

Brian Fishman

This is a great recipe that is better then any other oreo i have tried. The cookie dough is very short and crumbly so piping the filling requires a delicate touch. Good luck.

Kristin

INGREDIENTS

8 cups AP flour

3 cups cocoa

2 t salt

2 # butter

2 cups sugar

1/2 cup butter

5 cups 10x

METHOD

Sift dry together. Cream butter and sugar, slowly add in dry ingedients. Knead slightly before seperating into thirds and wrapping in plastic. Keeps in fridge or freezer. Roll out room temp dough, use cocoa powder/ flour mix. Use round or fluted cutters and bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Be careful when baking as the dough is very black and it is hard to tell when they are done.

Beat 1/2 cup butter till light and add in 10 x slowly. Store in piping bag at room temp.

A friend who has been starting a baking business makes a version. Obviously, I don't have his recipes, but I do remember that for the filling he used an uncooked vanilla buttercream (confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla paste). It was delicious, but not that dead-white of Oreo filling, more of a light tan. If you try it, use a colorless vanilla (if such a thing exists?).

Do tell! :biggrin:

toreo.jpg

Edited by KyleW (log)

Nuthin' says luvin'...

www.kyleskitchen.net