• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Cook's Tour

Liza

Kickass, I'm really looking forward to all the new shows. I thought the St. Martin one was fantastic.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Kickass, I'm really looking forward to all the new shows. I thought the St. Martin one was fantastic.

What was the movie he was parodying in the opening shots of the St. Martin one where's he's baking on his sun chair? I think JHlurie knows.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

The St. Marten episode was great. The restaurant where he had conch and Creole chicken looked sososo wonderful.

Look forward to the New Orleans installment. I think I'll make vodka gimlets and old fashioneds and serve 'em in plastic takeaway glasses with a big old pile of boiled crawfish or shrimp.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

The St. Marten episode was great.  The restaurant where he had conch and Creole chicken looked sososo wonderful.

Yes, Poulet de. Orleans in the Quartier de Orleans. Right past a dangerously wicked curve in which you gotta accelerate uphill or your car stalls.

Great restaurant, we went there twice when we took our vacation there last year. We ended up doing the kids Spanish and Geography homework while we ate!

What was the movie he was parodying in the opening shots of the St. Martin one where's he's baking on his sun chair? I think JHlurie knows.

It was Sexy Beast. Someone else had to jar my memory, I'd forgotten it.

It was Sexy Beast. Someone else had to jar my memory, I'd forgotten it.

Oh yeah, a british gangster flick, of course. He loves those.

The St. Marten episode was great.  The restaurant where he had conch and Creole chicken looked sososo wonderful.

Yes, Poulet de. Orleans in the Quartier de Orleans. Right past a dangerously wicked curve in which you gotta accelerate uphill or your car stalls.

Great restaurant, we went there twice when we took our vacation there last year. We ended up doing the kids Spanish and Geography homework while we ate!

Jason, did you have that stuffed conch dish? Very appealing.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

I was surprised to see a new episode of this great show (I loved the Sexy Beast parody). I guess the new season just started, however what pisses me off is that FTV mentioned NOTHING about the start of the new season. I almost missed it and I watch the darn channel everyday. They should really advertise before the beginning of any new season.

FM

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

Jason, did you have that stuffed conch dish? Very appealing.

Yes, we had the conch sausage, the "lambi". Very good. So were the stuffed crab backs. We had a really good sampling of the seafood and the chicken on the menu, really good place.

I was surprised to see a new episode of this great show (I loved the Sexy Beast parody). I guess the new season just started, however what pisses me off is that FTV mentioned NOTHING about the start of the new season. I almost missed it and I watch the darn channel everyday. They should really advertise before the beginning of any new season.

FM

tivo.jpg

Gimme what cha got for a pork chop!

-Freakmaster

I have two words for America... Meat Crust.

-Mario

That's how we caught it, we have "Cook's Tour" programed into our Ultimate TV. You get a lot of repeats, but they are easy enough to delete and worth the hassle so you don't miss anything new.

FoodMan, and anyone else who missed it, remember that it'll eventually be repeated. We also discussed the St. Martin episode on the Caribbean forum on the St Martin thread.

It was Sexy Beast.  Someone else had to jar my memory, I'd forgotten it.
Oh yeah. Bloody Hell.  I'm sweatin' here. Roastin'. Boilin'. Bakin'. Swelterin'. Its like a sauna.  Furnace.

Fan-debidosi-tastic, whatever that means. :cool:

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

I didn't see last week's show, but the Nawlins episode seemed to be a lot more "camp" than what I watched last year. I got a kick out of everyone slugging Tony, but some of the other schticks were a bit much. Entertaining, however.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

I got home and turned on the tv, and was glad that I was just in time for the NO episode. It was good--but too much of the punching Bourdain in the face/kicking him in the shins because he is the anti-Emeril. I mean, it was funny twice.

I am so glad that he didn't do the usual NO route...like the touristy shite that Rachel Ray does.

What was the deal with the cop? Tee Va's jamabalya looked great.

I am so glad that he didn't do the usual NO route...like the touristy shite that Rachel Ray does. 

See? Lock and load, ivan.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM