• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Paso Robles Wine Tour and Dinner

Rebel Rose

I am planning a private event for eG Society members the weekend of September 14-16. The highlight of the weekend will be dinner at Villa Creek Restaurant, but may include private tours and tastings throughout the weekend as well.

Please visit the planning thread in the California forum if you would like to attend!

I will leave this thread open for comments and questions for a few days as well, as I expect many members are away for the Memorial Day weekend . . .

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would mention here:

We have confirmed appointments at Saxum and Four Vines for private tours and tastings.

Saxum, Saturday at 2 pm, with owner/winemaker Justin Smith, maximum 10 people.

Four Vines, with cellarmaster Colin Baker, probably Sunday am

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

• 2 months later...

We still have some seats available for dinner, and we may have room for 4 more people in the Saxum tour.

So far, the weekend includes a casual get together at Vinoteca wine bar on Friday night, and on Saturday tours of the local abalone farm, an olive oil producer, premium wineries, and a two-hour private tour of Tablas Creek (owned by the Perrin family of Chateau de Beaucastel) where we will also picnic.

A fantastic prix fixe dinner prepared by chef Tom Fundaro at Villa Creek, using heirloom tomatoes, olive oils and abalone from our tours will be followed on Sunday by a private tour and barrel tasting at Four Vines and a visit to Windrose Farms.

This thread is now closed . . . please respond in the California thread if you have any questions! I must have final reservations within 1 week of this post. Note: Accomodations are getting very scarce. Let me know if you need help finding a place to stay.

Thanks, it's going to be a GREAT weekend!

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook