• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

table for ten in the dining room?

mrud

i'm trying to put together a dinner for my mom's 70th at the end of january. have tried babbo, alto, a voce columbus, convivio, union square cafe, and a handful of others which all limit in-dining-room tables to 6 or 8 tops. we would like to be in a somewhat bustling place with food and cost on the level of those mentioned above, but without being forced into a private room. so far ciano is the best choice we have but we were hoping for some selection so mom can choose between 4 or 5. it doesn't have to be italian btw, but steakhouse is probably not in order.

thanks

Osteria Morini has a large table in the middle of the room that might work. Also I'd try Lupa.

2 of my favorites but we're looking for some tablecloths for this one. i wish the front table of lupa would make mom happy but she's thinking a bit more luxe.