• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2010 Cookbooks

mukki

As someone who is always looking forward to the next cookbook, I'd like to know: what cookbooks coming out in 2010 are you looking forward to? Here are a few of mine:

Chocolates and Confections at Home by Peter Greweling. Looks to be filled with wide variety of chocolates and candies and hopefully not as complicated as his earlier book.

Paris Patisseries: History, Shops, Recipes (foreward by Pierre Herme -- I thought the author was Julia Hung, but this info seems to have disappeared from Amazon). Not much info on this one, but I ordered it anyway.

Tender v. 2: A Cook's Guide to the Fruit Garden by Nigel Slater. Bought v. 1 (vegetables) and have really enjoyed reading it. Chapters are organized by vegetable and includes gardening tips.

As someone who is always looking forward to the next cookbook, I'd like to know: what cookbooks coming out in 2010 are you looking forward to? Here are a few of mine:

Paris Patisseries: History, Shops, Recipes (foreward by Pierre Herme -- I thought the author was Julia Hung, but this info seems to have disappeared from Amazon). Not much info on this one, but I ordered it anyway.

Julia Hung is mentioned only in the Amazon page section "About the author".

Planet Barbecue by Reichlen and Modern Gastronomy: A to Z by Ferran Adria are on my wish list.

I'm seriously running out of shelf space though, I'll have to limit future purchases....

"And don't forget music - music in the kitchen is an essential ingredient!"

- Thomas Keller

Diablo Kitchen, my food blog

The publishers are a little slow in revealing their catalogs right now (especially near the holidays), but I think there are a few interesting titles to look out for so far. In addition to what's been said above (pardon my bias for pastry books):

Artisan Breads at Home by the CIA (Wiley, January)

Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes by David Lebovitz (Ten Speed, April) (though the slanted cake layers on the cover hurt my eyes)

The Perfect Finish: Special Desserts for Every Occasion by Melissa Clark and White House pastry chef Bill Yosses (WW Norton, June)

The Modern Cafe by Francisco Migoya (Wiley, January)

Here is the official info on Paris Patisseries. Julia Hung is the author.

Edited by jumanggy (log)

Mark

The Gastronomer's Bookshelf - Collaborative book reviews about food and food culture. Submit a review today! :)

No Special Effects - my reader-friendly blog about food and life.

The Modern Cafe by Francisco Migoya

Yep, that one's right up there at the top of my list too. I can't believe I forgot it in my post. I loved/still love Frozen Desserts so I'm really looking forward to the Modern Cafe as well.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 2 weeks later...

The Modern Cafe by Francisco Migoya

Yep, that one's right up there at the top of my list too. I can't believe I forgot it in my post. I loved/still love Frozen Desserts so I'm really looking forward to the Modern Cafe as well.

So, this book is about opening a cafe. How to do it *right*. Has anyone taken a look at it yet? I'd love to get some feedback as I want to get it as a gift for someone and there are no reviews on Amazon yet.