• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

No Fail Cut Out Sugar Cookies

K8memphis

No Fail Cut Out Sugar Cookies

This recipe is one widely used and posted on several of the sites I traverse. It is not my recipe. I am just sharing it here with whosoever wants to bake a crisp edged cut out cookie.

NO-FAIL SUGAR COOKIES

(originally) Posted by Jennifer Chan

(who writes) I can't take credit of that No Fail Sugar Cookies recipe. That was Chris F's VERY FAMOUS, VERY WELL-TALKED sugar cookies. The credit should belong to her.

This recipe is GREAT when using complex cookie cutters. The dough holds its' shape and won't spread during baking. Make sure you let your oven preheat for at least 1/2 hour before baking these or any other cookies.

6 cups flour

3 tsp. baking powder

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 tsp. salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and add to butter mixture. Mix well.

Chill for 1 to 2 hours

Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges. This recipe can make up to 8-dozen 3” cookies

Keywords: Easy, Cookie, American

( RG1896 )