• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

London restaurant festival launches

Launched today by Boris and Fay Maschler - some good stuff planned, but the "festival menu" sounds like the best idea, especially if some top restaurants sign up for it. Quite a few pop-up restaurants appearing too - including one on the roof of Selfridges (if I've read that correctly), which does sound like a must.

Full details here, and I guess there will be more to come until it all kicks off in October (8th - 13th):

http://www.visitlondon.com/londonrestaurantfestival/

Hot Dinners - London's Top restaurants, reviewed by the critics and you

I disagree. It is simply a publicity stunt. Surely THE place to be is the kitchen in which these chefs cook everyday of the week, not some temporary space with a brigade they don't know and equipment they aen't familiar with?

Edited by Matthew Grant (log)

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

I disagree. It is simply a publicity stunt. Surely THE place to be is the kitchen in which these chefs cook everyday of the week, not some temporary space with a brigade they don't know and equipment they aen't familiar with?

The point that I am trying to make is that this may be the last chance to eat some of Pierre Koffmans food,

Its an unusually rare appearance.

"So many places, so little time"

http://londoncalling...blogspot.co.uk/

@d_goodfellow1

It seems fair to say that this will be the big ticket of the festival, and is bound to be over-subscribed. It may well be a publicty stunt designed to get the festival more coverage, but is that such a bad thing?

Hot Dinners - London's Top restaurants, reviewed by the critics and you