• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking with Cowboys reality show

Chris Hennes

As seen on the CIA SmartBrief today, from MSNBC:

Here's the recipe: Grab some Dallas Cowboys. Toss in some contestants. Place them before television cameras and let them cook.

Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten has tentatively agreed to approach teammates and former Cowboys standouts to appear on the new reality TV show, which will pair fans with players, and pit them against each other in cooking competitions, according to those involved in planning the show.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love football. And I really love cooking. But "Cooking with the Cowboys"?!?!? Seriously. Is it just me, or are we scraping the bottom of the cooking show reality TV barrel?

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

Being that I'm a native Washingtonian AND a Redskins fan anything with the Cowboys makes my teeth itch. I'll definitely pass on this one. :raz:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

I saw the subject heading and immediately thought. "Yes!!! I want to cook with cowboys"

Just not he one you mean. oh well.

Grace

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking

Also from the article (emphasis is mine):

Each of the initial three shows will be filmed at The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. The way it's laid out so far, each contestant will draw a name of a Dallas Cowboys player to be his or her partner in the cooking competition. The duo will also be aided by a sous chef. Each team will be told of the ingredients they'll be working with, and will be given two minutes to prepare an entrée and a side dish. The sous chef will be allowed only to guide the pair verbally through the meal prep. The meal will be judged by Jason and Michelle Witten, Mansion head chef John Tesar and a representative from United Supermarkets.

Can we assume the mean two hours? Or twenty minutes? Or something? I thought the 15 minute challenge in Top Chef was brutal: two minutes would be comedy!

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

I didn't know know which Cowboys you meant, either. :biggrin: I thought you meant the Lefty and Dusty, the Prairie Home Companion Cowboys.

<--officially out as an NPR listening ACLU card carrying Volvo driving latte sucking liberal, obviously

Edited by pax (log)
“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”