Membership and staff categories
- Society donor members provide annually recurring financial support of $50, $100, $250 or more to the Society. In addition to posting privileges in the forums, they receive expanded image and personal messenger storage and access to features not available to other members.
- Participating members have posting privileges and access to all core services of the eGullet.org webspace, but have smaller allocations of storage space and a more limited feature set than Society donors.
- General members are Society members who do not have posting privileges or personal messenger access. General members may apply for participating membership by submitting a personal statement.
- Legacy participants are former members.
- Managers are the Societyís senior staff. The manager category is a working title that is carried by eG Forums managers as well as department heads and senior executives.
- Hosts are the member community leaders and have a broad range of responsibilities including eG Forums moderation and content development.
- Specialists are responsible for specific content development, varying by specialist.
- Emeritus staff are former members of the Society team.
- From time to time we may create special member categories, such as for eG Spotlight roundtable discussion participants.
- Members who resign will have their membership categories changed to legacy participant. To resign, please send an email message to membership@eGullet.org and clearly state your desire to relinquish your membership.
- Members who abuse their posting privileges or other privileges of membership will have their membership categories changed to general member or legacy participant, as circumstances warrant. A participating member who has been changed to a general member will have to reapply for participating membership in order to regain posting privileges.
- Participating members who donít exercise their posting privileges for a period of several months will have their membership categories changed to general member. They may reapply for participating membership at any time if they later wish to post. General members who fail to respond to requests for status updates will be removed from the membership database or set to legacy participant, as circumstances warrant.