Yes! Make leather!
Let me share with you my way of making fruit leather.
- From a craft store you can buy ¼” x ¼” wood sticks.
- Miter the corners and glue into a wood frame.
- Using Scotch Tape to stretch supermarket veggie plastic bags on the frame.
- Use your blender to make fruit puree. Pour fruit puree on the plastic and dehydrate.
- There is no need for oil on the plastic, Fruit leather will not stick to the plastic. It peels off very easily. The plastic is reuseable for many times.
- If you set your dehydrator at the highest temperature and run it longer, you will get crispy fruit chips, crispy just like potato chips.
Fruit leather and crispy fruit chips are popular with children.
You can get fancy and box them for wonderful gifts.
Do you make leather? What is your method?