Serves 4 as Main Dish.
Wondering what I could do with some somewhat elderly Feta cheese in the fridge, I thought maybe stuffed chicken would be fun. A red bell pepper, some sun-dried tomatoes and other sundries finished the dish. Yum!
- 4 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 8 oil-cured sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 T minced fresh thyme leaves
- salt & freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded flat
- 1 T olive oil
2. In a food processor, pulse pepper, tomatoes, garlic, thyme and salt & pepper until finely minced. Add Feta and process until well-combined.
3. Spoon a couple of tablespoons of the cheese mixture onto one half of each thigh, and fold the other half over.
4. Heat a heavy skillet or saute pan over high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil, then carefully place the thighs in the pan. Cook until well-browned (~5 min.), then turn over and brown the other side.
5. Transfer skillet to oven & bake for ~15 minutes.
Serve with hot pasta and a simple tomato sauce.
Keywords: Main Dish, Easy, Chicken, Dinner
( RG2121 )