The Kentucky Maid
Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:21 AM
- Three or four cucumber wheels and four sprigs of mint, muddled together paying particular attention to extracting the cucumber juice.
- Healthy splash of fresh lemon juice, ~ 0.25oz
- Very small dash simple syrup
- 2 oz Rye
- Shake hard, then strain through a siv (I personally hate picking salad out of my teeth)
- Garnish with a mint sprig stabbed through a cucumber wheel
Is anyone familiar with this drink? Am I off? I was told, but couldn't really hear because of the music, that there is some etymology involved here -- something about a New York Maid, and maybe this being a cousin. I'll even take the barroom variety....
I really have no idea and the internet has failed me thusfar.
Thanks for your help,
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:23 PM
The ingredients are bourbon, lime, simple, mint, and cucumber. I would never have thought of pairing cucumber with bourbon, but it works really well!